Meghan Markle and Harry's Oprah Winfrey interview handed hundreds of NEW Ofcom complaints


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s TV interview aired on ITV on March 8, after being broadcast in the US the day before. Ofcom received a flood of complaints in the wake of the interview.

And the regulator has confirmed that 570 new complaints were made between March 30 and April 5.

The fresh complaints take the overall total to 5,949.

During Meghan and Harry’s bombshell interview, the couple made a set of explosive claims about the Royal Family.

The new complaints come after Piers Morgan spoke out in his first TV interview since leaving Good Morning Britain.

The former newspaper editor quit the show after saying he did not believe what ex-Suits star Meghan told Winfrey.

Breaking his silence following his dramatic GMB departure, Morgan spoke to US conservative news personality Tucker Carlson.

He accused the Sussexes of the “most extraordinarily disingenuous smear, hit job” on the Royal Family and of telling “so many ridiculous whoppers” during their interview.

Morgan also insisted he has the backing of the public.

READ MORE: Meghan and Harry heading in same ‘trajectory’ as Princess Margaret

“The British people have seen through this,” he told the Tucker Carlson Today programme on the Fox Nation streaming service.

Meghan and Harry plunged the royals into crisis with their controversial interview.

But the Royal Family made clear they did not agree with all of the Sussexes’ claims.

A statement issued by Buckingham Palace said that “some recollections may vary”.

And Prince William furiously defended the royals against Meghan and Harry’s accusations of racism in a rare outburst during an engagement.

The Sussexes quit royal duties in March 2020 for a new life in California.

Megxit was confirmed to be permanent earlier this year and the couple are forging ahead with new careers which include lucrative Netflix and Spotify deals.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.